So I love book exchanges. Something about getting a book but also sending a book in exchange just gives me happy tingles. But the one thing that has kind of irked me is the blogger book exchanges are just exchanges between two people with nothing else tied to it. So I decided to host a similar event, but with a bit of a twist...
Not only will we be exchanging books with our partner, but we are also going to participate in a "get to know your blogger partner" type of exercise! I'm not sure why but this excites me quite a bit!
And to make it open and exciting to everyone, every member will have the option of choosing just the exchange, just the get to know your blogger, or both. Members will also have the option to send internationally, or locally only.
I am going to try very hard to match bloggers by area and genre so they have as much in common as possible.
The idea will be to highlight your blogger partner on your blog with a question and answer you send to each other, with a guest post by them also, whether it be a review or something else. The details can be worked out between yourself and your partner.
I love how open and friendly the book blogger community is, and I think this will help bring us even that much more closer together.
So what do you think?
The Nitty Gritty:
- You do not have to be a follower, but it is, of course appreciated.
- You must have a blog to take part in the get to know your blogger portion, but may choose to only participate in the exchange portion if you do not have a blog.
- Books can be any format. I have created a section on the form where you can choose which formats you prefer. I will try to match up people accordingly. Please keep in mind if sending previously read books that they should be in near-new condition.
- As mentioned previously, this is open internationally. Please make sure to check the area on the form to let me know if you are willing to work with international participants or not.
- Sign-ups will be open until November 30th to ensure everyone has a chance to join. I will send out assignments over the weekend of December 3-4.
- Only myself and your partner will have access to your personal information.
- If participating in the exchange, packages should be sent out before December 15th to ensure they make it to their recipient before Christmas. Guest posts/question and answers can be posted any time up until December 31st.
- Please email me at gwenythlove (at) gmail (dot) com when you receive your package and when your posts go live so I can make sure everything is accounted for.
- Please grab the button and make a post to show your participation! Let everyone know so they can have a chance to join!
If you are up for the challenge and the fun, fill out this form!
Thanks to Parajunkee Designs yet again for the wonderful button designs!