Friday, August 26, 2011

Review of The Vampire Academy: The Graphic Novel by Richelle Mead


Title: The Vampire Academy: The Graphic Novel
Series:  Vampire Academy: The Graphic Novel Series
Author:  Richelle Mead
Genre:  YA, paranormal, vampires
Format:  Graphic Novel, 144 pages
Publication Date:  August 23, 2011
Published By:  Penguin, Razorbill
Source:  Purchased







Synopsis from Goodreads

After two years on the run, best friends Rose and Lissa are caught and returned to St. Vladimir's Academy, a private high school for vampires and half-bloods. It's filled with intrigue, danger - and even romance. Enter their dark, fascinating world through a new series of 144-page full-color graphic novels. The entire first Vampire Academy novel has been adapted for book one by Leigh Dragoon and overseen by Richelle Mead, while the beautiful art of acclaimed British illustrator Emma Vieceli brings the story to life.

My Thoughts

This is most likely going to be more of a gush than a review, but that's OK right? I read, or should I say I devoured, The Vampire Academy (The first book in The Vampire Academy series) by Richelle Mead last summer. I absolutely adored it. The writing style, the characters, the story, everything was pretty much perfect. It was a great introduction into a great series that I continued to devour until the very final novel.

This graphic novel is a great companion piece to the series. You can read it without reading the series, but I would truly recommend you read the series anyhow because it will just add so much depth and story that can't possibly be displayed in these too few graphic novel pages. But as a companion piece, it is amazing, and stunning, and fabulous, and gush gush gush...

I think I am most happy with the character visualization for Rose Christian and /drool Dimitri. I'm not sure how I feel about Lissa yet...but I'm sure she will grow on me.

I'm happy to see that the graphic novel version of book 2, Frostbite, is set to be released in April of 2012. The cover is already giving me chills! I look forward to reading and experiencing every story once again, but in graphic novel format, especially the final one.

I'm also looking forward to reading Bloodlines by Richelle Mead which is a spin-off of The Vampire Academy series with some of the same characters. I picked it up at the time as this graphic novel. Look for the review soon!

My rating?

0 scribble backs:

Post a Comment