Wednesday, August 22, 2012

[Meme] Waiting On Wednesday: Red Dawn by J.J. Bonds



Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Last year I was asked to host a tour spot for a new author (J.J. Bonds) and the first book, Crossroads, in a new vampire series, Crossroads Academy. I loved the book, and wished I had of been one of the ones chosen to do a review post, because I would have raved over it! One day I'll get around to actually writing the review, even though I wasn't required to.

This year I have been lucky enough to be asked to participate in Ms. Bond's tour for book 2 in the series, Red Dawn. Look for my review stop on the tour September 13th!

Title: Red Dawn
Author: J.J. Bonds
Publisher: Self Published
Publication Date: August 28, 2012
Katia’s done running. She’s fought fiercely to protect her identity, her secrets, and those she loves most. And while it hasn’t been easy, she’s finally making peace with the past. Katia’s even looking forward to the start of a new school year at Crossroads Academy.

Too bad things at Crossroads are going to be a little different this fall. There are new rules, new students, and new relationships. Katia quickly discovers that navigating the halls of Crossroads is as complicated as ever.

When a friend’s life is at stake, Katia will be forced to choose between the safety of Crossroads and an enemy more dangerous than any she’s ever faced. Will Katia have the courage to risk it all -including her life- for a friend?

What book(s) are you waiting for right now?

5 comments:

  1. Oooo!! Gwen this is spectacular! I am DEFINITELY adding this to my to-read pile on goodreads ... perhaps even pre-ordering, haha! Another fantastic pick this week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you my dear! Make sure to read the first one! It really surprised me!

      Delete
  2. gorgeous cover! i'll have to check this one out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's self-pubbed, so typically I don't read these, but Parajunkee was hosting her tour and I trust her judgement, and wow, I was really glad I took the time to read it.

    ReplyDelete