Friday, August 5, 2011

Follow Friday and Book Blogger Hop August 5th 2011


Follow my Book Blog Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee.

This week's question is:

Q. Talk about the book that most changed or influenced your life (was it a book that turned you from an average to avid reader, did it help you deal with a particularly difficult situation, does it bring you comfort every time you read it?).





I would honestly have to say it was Stephen King's Carrie. When I was in the hospital getting my tonsils out when I was somewhere between 8 and 12, I ran out of books to read. I know...blasphemy right? My mother rushed to the gift store and picked up the first book she saw that looked half decent. Carrie has a nice little girl on the cover. That looked good right?

That was my first introduction to Stephen King, and horror in general. I couldn't believe how much my warped little mind loved it. And I still love it to this day.


Book Blogger Hop is a weekly event hosted by Crazy For Books.

This week's question is:

Q. “What is the one ARC you would love to get your hands on right now?”

I would have to go with Bloodlines by Richelle Mead. I could kill for that book...really...I could... Luckily the release date is only a few more weeks away...but it's KILLING ME!

How would you answer these two questions? Let me know!

16 comments:

  1. Mom- See look at the nice girl on the cover
    Mom later- How was it?
    you- I will never be mean to anyone in high school ever! Nope not ever!
    (That was the vision I had of you after hearing that :) )

    Happy Friday! New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha that's pretty close! The funny thing was my mom didn't believe I should be reading horror, and she accidentally got me interested in it in the first place. The sad thing was I was already that girl that everyone picked on...so reading this book I was like...cool! Maybe I can develop secret powers and kill everyone that pisses me off! What a let down that was...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha Carrie?? That young? I would have probably freaked reading it when I was that age. I still haven't read any Stephen King books, but I really should! Nice story :)

    Here's my FF!

    new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. King is an amazing writer, he can just drag on sometimes. But Carrie wasn't so bad. I devoured Firestarter soon after and it was really good as well. I highly recommend trying some of his work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you were also in the angry teen category! Yay, adults who were disgruntled youth unite!... wait... why isn't the light flashing? Where is my super hero costume? ~Sigh~ No super powers here either.

    My mom was usually just happy if I had a book in my hand.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my mom never had to worry about me and books. We had an intimate relationship. I used to get grounded on purpose just so she would send me to my room so I could read instead of playing outside! /grins

    ReplyDelete
  7. GFC follower :) I really want to read Bloodlines too! It looks like a great book :)

    Amanda
    Hippies, Beauty, and Books. Oh My!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did you read the Vampire Academy series Amyer?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I cannot wait until my Bloodlines comes in the mail. It is the first book that I have ever ordered before it came out.
    Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think the only book I have pre-ordered was the final Harry Potter book. I hope you like Bloodlines!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great choice, have a happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw, perhaps not quite what it looked like. But I'm glad the book turned out great instead of terrifying. I haven't read to much of Stephen King actually, but my dad loves him. I have to borrow his sometime!

    I'm a follower! Have a great weekend. :D My answer can be found here!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stopping by from the blog hop.

    Elizabeth

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi! I'm your newest follower from the Friday Blog hop! I'd love it if you'd follow back at one or all of my blogs :)

    www.singleparentretreat.com
    www.motherdaughterconnecx.com
    http://singlemamachallenges.blogspot.com/

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hopping through. I was lucky enough to borrow an ARC for Bloodlines. It was so good! I hope you love it. Almost here!
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  16. Alison you are so lucky! Did you finish it yet?

    ReplyDelete