1. Ch 6 – Shiny objects and old family stories are told in this chapter, including an old nickname for our dear Charley. What was the nickname her uncle Bob gave her when she was little? Do you have an old nickname from when you were a kid? You can share it, and if it's really embarrassing we won't mind. *wink*Answer: "Yeah. Uncle Bob called me Calamity for years, as in Calamity Jane?"
I have had too many nicknames to count growing up, some not so nice. When I was very young my grandmother called me "Pumpkin", when I was a little older my mother called me "Wendy Whiner" and my brother was "Sucky Chucky". There were some really nasty ones during school (kids can be so mean) but most recently I was nicknamed "Gwendy Doll", "Gwenwen", and "The Almight Gwen" - I like all of those!
2. Ch 7 – In this chapter we met someone. A really special guy named Rocket. Now, my memory is not what it used to be, and I just can't remember what makes him so special. Can you tell me what makes this particular ghost unique among all the others? And how about you? What can you do that makes you special? Anything? Jump on one foot for a really long time counts. *giggle*
I really don't know what I can do special that no one else can do, I can knit, I can crochet, and I can spin a mean rifle, but there are many people who can do what I can do...so...yeah...
3. Ch 8 – Charley is really *cough* not your ordinary girl. She does something that, well, there's no way around it. She named parts of her body and the names are... oh crap, I forgot. Just my luck. *sigh* But I'm sure you guys can say what part of her body she named and what the names were. And, since we are on the matter, have you ever named a part of your body? If so, what was it and what was the name? Come on, don't be shy. *wink+crooked smile*Answer: "I pointed to my right breast. 'This is Danger.' Then my left. 'And this is Will Robinson. I would appreciate it if you addressed them accordingly."
I really love the humor in this book! As for me, I name cars, pets, and lots of other inanimate objects, but I have never named my body parts...
4. Ch 9 – We all have our little secrets. Things we don't tell anyone, not even our bff. Char (we became close :P ) is no different, but in this chapter she shared her little (big) secret (S) with her bff. What did you think about her reaction? What would be yours?I think Cookie handled them pretty well. As mentioned, she was pretty much ready to be told. Some of the secret(s) seemed to shock her more so than what she expected, but she still wasn't nearly as freaked out as some people would be. For me, again, I want to believe in this kind of stuff, so I hopefully would react rather calmly in this type of situation.
5. Ch 10 – In this chapter, Char continues her heart-to-heart with her BFF and comes up with some theories about our fave badboy/possibly ghost. What do you think of it? Can it be? What do you think about him? Hot? Double chocolate hot? Super duper caramel chocolate cake with a cherry on top hot?Reading everyone else's response to this question I see many of you have already read enough to know what Reyes is. I however am still not entirely sure, although the connection between him and "Big Bad" (makes me think of Spike from Buffy) is intriguing. I am still confused how Charlie feels such a strong connection to him after meeting him really only once...but I am sure it will all be explained later. But he definitely sounds like a sampling of super duper hot chocolate with whipped cream and chocolate shavings on top! Yum!