Tuesday, June 19, 2012

[Meme] Teaser Tuesday - The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along!

Just do the following:

1. Grab your current read.
2. Open to a random page.
3. Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page.
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
4. Share the title and author too so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers!
"Or maybe somebody did this to her." He broke away, pacing the room in an attempt to get as far from the body as possible. "Eleven girls in eighty years. Don't tell me this was an accident."

This teaser is from The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter. I purchased this book a while ago when there was a Kobo ebook sale on, and after picking up a signed copy of Goddess Interrupted at BEA I figured I would give it a go! Plus as it happened to be in my Kobo app already when I finished False Memory it was very convenient for me.

~ EVERY GIRL WHO HAS TAKEN THE TEST HAS DIED.

NOW IT'S KATE'S TURN.

It's always been just Kate and her mom--and her mother is dying. Her last wish? To move back to her childhood home. So Kate's going to start at a new school with no friends, no other family and the fear that her mother won't live past the fall.


Then she meets Henry. Dark. Tortured. And mesmerizing. He claims to be Hades, god of the Underworld--and if she accepts his bargain, he'll keep her mother alive while Kate tries to pass seven tests.

Kate is sure he's crazy--until she sees him bring a girl back from the dead. Now saving her mother seems crazily possible. If she succeeds, she'll become Henry's future bride and a goddess.
~

Share your teaser with me!

6 comments:

  1. Now this is an unusual story line. Good teaser!

    Here's ours and we have a giveaway too: http://www.ourstack.blogspot.com/2012/06/tuesday-teasers-afterwards-and-dogs.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started reading this a while ago but didn't really seem to get into it. I hope you have better luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I am really enjoying it, but then again, I am a huge fan of Greek Mythology. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I have not read this book yet, it's on my Nook. Great TT. Thank you for stopping by mine. (=

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, this is different!

    it is being added to my list :)

    Here is my TT

    http://maryellenbrady.com/2012/06/18/teaser-tuesday-reckless-by-cornelia-funke/

    ReplyDelete