As mentioned last week, the box of doom finally arrived. I have bring the books home from work (where the box was delivered) in batches of 8-12. The box is not empty yet, so there will still be some to be posted next week!
Oh and on a side note, if FedEx offers to pack your books for you, and you are as OCD as me...don't let them. They just placed them in bags and tossed them into this giant box. I swear...
Unsigned Galley Drops, Blogger Convention Goodies, Breakfast Books, and other events:
As well as a chapter sampler for Junot Diaz's This Is How I Lost Her (no cover)
From Publisher for Review:
From Publisher for Review:
I wanted to give a very special thanks to the staff, authors, and publishers that took the time to speak with me at length regarding their books/lines and how to work with them in the future. Their passion and willingness to work with bloggers was refreshing after some of the drama that has occurred over the past few months.
- Brenda from Llewellyn who took the time to speak to me about their Flux line and give me a few hand-picked items she felt I would enjoy.
- Multiple staff members and authors from Spencer Hill Press who took the time to talk to me about their YA offerings and select a few titles for me to try out.
- Derry Wilkens from Sourcebooks who took the time out of her very busy meetings just so I could meet her in person after working with her through email for about a year. And to the lovely booth member who hunted me down that copy of Entice I was dying for!
- To the friendly representative of Lorimer (sorry I didn't get your name or card!) who spoke to me about their new teen line and slipped me a "damaged" copy of an initial release to read.
- To Amir Yassai and his booth mates who did an amazing job on the marketing and promotion for his self-published book, The Life Squad (which I thoroughly look forward to reading), and speaking to me about the book, the rest of the series, and plans to get more attention for his novel.
- Author J.J. Johnson who shared with me how much she loves bloggers and she doesn't understand the reasoning behind some publishers not wanting to work with bloggers. We talked about some comments made at the Blogger's Convention about how soon bloggers and their reviews will be read and regarded more highly than critical reviews in magazines and newspapers. She was awesome!
- And a very special thank you again to Scholastic for the amazing and very unique YA Theatre presentation gathering for upcoming releases. Although I was already well aware of 2 of the books that were presented (The Raven Boys and The Infinity Ring) it was wonderful to add some new books to my must read list (Endangered and Skinny) as well as see the videos and dramatizations that accompanied them. Also a big plus for letting me shake James Dashner's hand and gush over how much my son and I both loved his Maze Runner series...yup...I'm a nerd!
- And so many more! Too many to list here!
That post was exhausting...I need a nap now...
What goodies did you receive this week?