Saturday, January 21, 2012

[Meme] TBR Intervention Week #13


The TBR (To Be Read) Intervention Challenge is a weekly challenge hosted by Books4JulietWhatever You Can Sill Betray and Refracted Light.

The following information is posted on Refracted Light's blog:

The goal of this challenge is to help each other (fellow readers and bloggers) manage our enormous and constantly growing TBR (To-Be-Read) List. The rules are simple and everyone is encouraged to participate. It does not force you to commit to more than what you can manage to read in a week or so, but participants are encouraged to read at least one book within a week. You are free to choose the book you want to read and commit to this challenge. You may post your entry every Saturday, at the frequency of your choice–EVERY WEEK or EVERY TWO WEEKS. However, we will sponsor this event regularly every Saturday.

Here are the rules:

1. Post the book(s) you committed to read in your last TBR Intervention post and tell us something about it. Did you finish it? Did you enjoy it or not? Post the link to your review (if you have one).

2. Post a book that you want to read and already own. Pick something that has been sitting on your shelf for too long now (6 months or longer). Commit to read the book in the next couple of days or week.

3. Grab the TBR Intervention Button and post it on your blog sidebar so you will be constantly reminded of the challenge, making it easier for you to commit. This will also encourage other readers/bloggers/visitors to join the challenge.

4. Add the link to your post in the Linky below and make sure to visit the other blogs. Comment, encourage, and spread the love to our fellow readers.

Last Week's TBR:

I still haven't finished Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone yet. I'm only reading it at home because I had this strong urge to write down every character's name the first time they show up and track it in a spreadsheet to see what I missed during my first reading of the series. Not sure if I will keep it up though as it does take the fun out of the reading.

But I did have a busy reading week otherwise, I read Wither as well as My Soul to Lose and My Soul to Take, books 0.5 and 1 in the Soul Screamers series, which I am reading for the Soul Screamers challenge. I am so glad I joined this challenge because I am LOVING these books!

I still haven't brought myself to do any reviews yet, but with my reading enjoyment returning I hope to get one or two up for some older books next week.


This Week's TBR:

This week I hope to finish Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (for the Harry Potter 2012 Challenge), and start The Young Black Stallion (for my Black Stallion Challenge). I also plan on reading Incarnate for the DAC Challenge and January mini challenge (DAC eBook) and then hopefully get back to the Soul Screamers series.


These books are my goals for this week's TBR Intervention Challenge.

What are yours?

5 comments:

  1. Glad you are enjoying Soul Screamers! April and I joined for the challenge, too :) I'm also loving it - I'm still on the early stages, though.

    So, I hope next week turns out cool too! The Harry Potter spread sheet sounds like a LOT of trouble, and I'd really admire you if you keep it up - I know I'd not manage!

    Happy Reading!

    Ron @ Stories of my life

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and April are part of the challenge as well? That's awesome! Can't wait to read some of your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did my honors thesis on Harry Potter--so believe me I do understand the fun in reading the books while taking copious notes. I hope you have as much fun as I did as you travel through the series!

    Shanan
    http://thebookaddictnet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the three books from last week! Is Soul Screamers that good? I read My Soul to Lose maybe a year ago now... and I don't know but it just didn't grab me. Maybe the first actual full-length book is better?

    Looks like you have a ton of challenges going on this year and that's fantastic! :) Good luck with all the reading and reviewing you're planning to do this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay yay! I haven't started the Soul Screamers but next week I will! I'm so glad to know that you're joining the challenge too! Yay! That makes the three of us now =) That's even more exciting!!! And wow! You finished three books. Congratulations! <3

    ReplyDelete